Welcome to Advanced Aesthetic & Laser Surgery! Our goal is to provide you with the best experience possible to achieve your aesthetic goals. We have an extensive array of options for you to choose from whether it is minor office injectables such as Botox® or Juvederm® , in-office Laser procedures for skin resurfacing, hair or tattoo removal, or cosmetic surgeries of the face, breast and body. At Advanced Aesthetic & Laser Surgery, we literally 'have it all!'
Dr. James D. McMahan received board certification in General Surgery prior to his certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery in 1992 and has over 27 years of experience in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He is nationally and internationally published in plastic surgery of the breast and body. Dr. McMahan has received numerous patient choice awards and has been voted one of the top plastic surgeons in Columbus by his peers in Columbus Monthly.
James D. McMahan, MD's Credentials
· 1975-1979 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
Degree: Bachelor of Science
Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
· 1979-1983 Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR
Degree: Doctor of Medicine
· 1983-1984 Hurley Medical Center, Flint, MI
· 1984-1988 Mt. Sinai Medical Center, Miami Beach, FL
· 1988-1990 Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship
· State Medical Board of Ohio
· American Board of Plastic Surgery, 1992
· American Board of Surgery, 1989
· National Board of Medical Examiners, 1984
· Rectal Prolapse – An Update on Rectal Sling Procedure. James D. McMahan,
M.D. and Charles Ripstein M.D., American Surgeon, 1987;53,37. Presented
at the Southeastern Surgical Society, 3/19/86, General Assembly
· Lasting Success In Teenage Reduction Mammoplasty. James D. McMahan,
M.D., et. al. Ann Pl Surg, V. 35, Sept 1995, p.227-31.
· A Reliable Method for the Preoperative Estimation of Tissue to be Removed
During Reduction Mammoplasty. James D. McMahan, M.D. et. al. Plast.
Reconstr. Surg.127: 1509,2011
· Improvement in Stress Urinary Incontinence After Abdominoplasty.
James D. McMahan, M.D., et. al. Aesthetic Surgery Journal 34(7):
· Comparison of Long-term Changes in Breast Surface Measurements After
Augmentation Mammaplasty: Silicone Versus Saline Implants. Carruthers,
K., Kocak, E., McMahan, J. Eur J Plast Sur; May 2016
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
· Riverside Methodist Hospital – Courtesy
· Upper Arlington Surgery Center – Active
· Knightsbridge Surgery Center – Active
· American Society of Plastic Surgeons
· American Society for Aesthetic Plastic
· American College of Surgeons – Fellow
· Columbus Medical Association
· Ohio State Medical Association
· Ohio Valley Society for Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
· Columbus Surgical Society