About James D. McMahan, MD
Welcome to Advanced Aesthetic & Laser Surgery! Our goal is to provide you with the best experience possible to achieve your aesthetic goals. We have an extensive array of options for you to choose from whether it is minor office injectables such as Botox® or Juvederm®, in-office Laser procedures for skin resurfacing, hair or tattoo removal, or cosmetic surgeries of the face, breast and body. At Advanced Aesthetic & Laser Surgery, we literally ‘have it all!’
Dr. James D. McMahan received board certification in General Surgery prior to his certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery in 1992 and has over 27 years of experience in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He is nationally and internationally published in plastic surgery of the breast and body. Dr. McMahan has received numerous patient choice awards and has annually been voted one of the top plastic surgeons in Columbus by his peers in Columbus Monthly.
James D. McMahan, MD’s Credentials
Education and Advanced Training:
- Rectal Prolapse – An Update on Rectal Sling Procedure. James D. McMahan,M.D. and Charles Ripstein M.D., American Surgeon, 1987;53,37. Presented at the Southeastern Surgical Society, 3/19/86, General Assembly
- Lasting Success In Teenage Reduction Mammoplasty. James D. McMahan,M.D., et. al. Ann Pl Surg, V. 35, Sept 1995, p.227-31.
- A Reliable Method for the Preoperative Estimation of Tissue to be Removed During Reduction Mammoplasty. James D. McMahan, M.D. et. al. Plast. Reconstr. Surg.127: 1509,2011
- Improvement in Stress Urinary Incontinence After Abdominoplasty.James D. McMahan, M.D., et. al. Aesthetic Surgery Journal 34(7): 1091, 2014
- Comparison of Long-term Changes in Breast Surface Measurements AfterAugmentation Mammaplasty: Silicone Versus Saline Implants. Carruthers, K., Kocak, E., McMahan, J. Eur J Plast Sur; May 2016
- Be Your Best – A Comprehensive Guide to Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, 2006. Contributing author James D. McMahan, M.D.
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Riverside Methodist Hospital – Courtesy
- Upper Arlington Surgery Center – Active
- Knightsbridge Surgery Center – Active